Green Racine


Welcome to Green Racine!

Please check the page out and visit the links. I love Nuke and Wind Power. Still think we should drill here and drill now!
A wide mix here from Green power to why we need to end the Embargo on Cuba.
I see myself as being GREEN but far from an Al Gore Green Nazi.
Hope this page provokes thought if nothing else

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Racine Urban Garden Network.

Racine Urban Garden Network, as you may know was formed in the early Spring of this year. A room full of folks from high school kids to retired elders met to talk about what could be done to start a network of Urban Gardens for many resions from to help improve diet to a fun hobby.
Well from a great start I must say in sadness nothing nothing has happened. Well not quite true the large group that met in May/June is down to 5 -7. Why? Well no mission, leadership from the hammer, a "goal" but no plan how to get there. Seams to me lots of meetings to have meetings.
Of course RUGN walks lock step with the Mayor/City so unsted of going for unused city land then RUGN waited until The City gave them 5 areas in Racine. At least one the City is back peddling on
perhaps because its near the Condos that I hear the Mayor has an interest in. I would think that have a place to garden would be a good thing, but I digress
Going to be a huge meeting about a food network in November but do nit know anything about it. Be nice to go but think I will have to crash it due to the fact that whats left of RUGN it pretty ellete the way I see them and not too willing to give out info.
A lot more to cover on this but need caffine

No comments: