Green Racine


Welcome to Green Racine!

Please check the page out and visit the links. I love Nuke and Wind Power. Still think we should drill here and drill now!
A wide mix here from Green power to why we need to end the Embargo on Cuba.
I see myself as being GREEN but far from an Al Gore Green Nazi.
Hope this page provokes thought if nothing else

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Trains

I love trains, like I have said before here and on air. Trains are 1000% more effective in moving freight then anything else.
We need to and it looks like maybe Obama may invest the money to bring the rail lines the repairs needed. My ideal is to truck goods from factory to rail head ship then load back on trucks from rail head to stores etc.
As a short distance people mover (50 mi) it is a joke. Few ride and the taxes needed to keep them running could be used better. Yet the left is all about foolish things like KRM here in Wisconsin but will not touch WORKING transit systems like Amtrack.
Amtrack works and works well.
Any time I can I take Amtrack I enjoy the ride and comfort offered.

Note

IMHO the studies that show KRM to work are slanted work and are designed to be so.
I do not think KRM will get 25% of the ridershttp://www.letstalktrains.us/main.asphip thouse in surport claim and will cost millions more then KRM saids.

Here is a great site with further train info.

No comments: